Gforth is a fast and portable implementation of the ANS Forth language. It works nicely with the Emacs editor, offers some nice features such as input completion and history, backtraces, a decompiler and a powerful locals facility, and it has a comprehensive manual. Gforth combines traditional implementation techniques with newer techniques for portability and performance: its inner interpreter is direct threaded with several optimizations, but you can also use a traditional-style indirect threaded interpreter. Gforth is distributed under the GNU General Public license.
- GNUForth Homepage at gnu.org
- GNUForth Repository at TU Wien (Austria) www.complang.tuwien.ac.at
- Gforth — GNU Forth for Android Project
- GNUForth for Android in the Google Play Store
- Gforth repository on Savannah
- Gforth mirror gforth repository on GitHub (original is on Savannah)